Friday, September 7, 2012

Fitness Friday 5 - My Goals


Instead of going on and on about how important it is to set real and attainable goals for yourself regarding your fitness, I thought I would share with you 2 of my fitness goals...

1. Run in the Zooma Austin 5k next year (March 23, 2013)

2. Run in the Cap10k next year (April 7, 2013)

I am NOT a runner. If you follow my fitness/beauty blog you know that I do not like running at all. I want to up my cardio and lose my love handles and I know one of the BEST cardio workouts IS running. A friend of mine is a marathon runner. She told me that she HATED running when she first started doing it. She said her biggest mistake was thinking that she was just going to be able to do it. Just run. No training or other types of preparing like finding the right shoes...just start running. So she ran...and got hurt. It wasn't fun, she didn't know what she was doing or even why she even wanted to run. So she got with a runner friend of hers who told her to pick a race and start training for it...slow and steady pace. And thats what she told me. I have fun with all my other workouts so why not make running fun too by training for a race. Big Daddy bought me a great pair of shoes for my birthday so I have good shoes to start running with...OMG...I think I may be getting excited LOL. I'm starting slow. Walking, then jogging, then running. I can do this. I don't want to place first in any of the races. I just want to have fun. 

If you want to see more fitness stuff from me check out my fitness blog Workin It.

No comments:

Post a Comment