Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Function table?!

In 6 days I will have a kindergartener! Super excited and a tad bit sad at the same time.
So this morning in the car we were talking about backpack:

ME: Juju, we're going to get your new backpack this weekend.
JUJU: Oh yeah? Cool. It has to have function. you know, like pockets for my stuff.
ME: You mean it has to be functionable?
JUJU: FUNCTION TABLE?! You so silly. Functions are not tables. Functions are like pockets to put my new stuff. Like pencils, my water bottle.
ME: Pockets make your backpack functionable by having pockets that you can put stuff in.
JUJU: Well ok. *mutters quietly: a function table is not even real.*
ME: No Juju, its funk-tion-able (stressing each syllable)
JUJU: Ok, ok I get it. Backpacks have function. They called pockets.

I decided to not go all dictionary on him. Smart kid, got the basic concept. Whatev...I made "that" and I'm proud to send that to kindergarten (by THAT, I of course mean him).

5 comments:

  1. Haha! Aw snap.! I'm praying for his teacher now. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too funny! I have a soon-to-be kindergartner too. Where did the last 5 years go?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMAO!!!

    JUJU is brilliant, that's all there is to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG that is SO funny! I can totally picture that conversation happening. He's so funny :P

    ReplyDelete