Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Bittersweet packing

So I've been a little distant the past couple of days...but with good reason as we know. Its Wednesday, and I leave for Texas on Saturday, and I am still not even close to being done packing. Who knew that in 5 years, we would accumulate so much ISH! My I've been trying to get my closet packed up and it doesn't even look like I touched it. The goodwill pile does keep growing though.
This is a SUPER exciting thing, but it has really hit me how bittersweet it all really is. As much as I've ever complained about living here, THIS is where it all started. I get teary eyed almost every hour I swear. Louisiana is where we became a family. Packing things up, I have replayed so many memories. Walking from one room to the next "accessing the situation, " I relive all the things that happened in that room. I think thats why its taking me so long. A part of me really just doesn't want to leave. Not yet. Look there I go again, all teary eyed. LOL. I've actually lived here for almost 8 years, but only 5 years in this house. Well it would've been 5 years this July. In those 8 years I have made awesome friends, met the love of my life, became a Mrs., and became a mom again for the 3rd and 4th times. Its crazy because I didn't get like this when I left Hawaii for college or when I moved here from Las Vegas. I think its because I know I will never come back here...the place where it all started. Our first home. How emotional am I right?! LOL. It was supposed to be pack and leave. Sheesh.
Of course through the tears is joy. There was a point in my marriage when I thought big daddy and I wouldn't make it. But here we are continuing our lives together on an exciting adventure (corny I know). To a place where we know we wanna be and love. Closer to family, a place where we can
enjoy life. Thats what makes the tears stop.

4 comments:

  1. No, not corny at all, friend!!! God just closed one door and opened another. This is a new season in your lives, and you will make many new memories there.

    I know it's hard to leave a place that you call "home," but think of all the things that are to come!!

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Double hugs! I wish you all the best on your new journey. -Pippi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,glad i found you on Friday follow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! Thanks for joining the Blog Hop. I'm following you now. Love your blog. I'll be back later to read more.

    Happy Follow Friday!

    Tami
    www.heartsmakefamilies.com

    ReplyDelete