Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Yes folks thats right...

Its yours truly! Finally a post! Yes I have neglected y'all, but I promise it was not on purpose. So lets cut to the chase shall we...
I am a TEXAN! LOL! Not by birth obviously. So now I am a Hawaii transplant calling TEXAS home. Started my job last week Monday and I think I like it. I now work for a wifi company based out of Austin. The company is great, and the people I work with are great too. Best thing about this job is I will only be working Monday through Friday with the weekends off! WOOHOO!! We all know my last job did have me working Saturdays like all the time. Only not so great thing is that big daddy won't be moving until April, the center he currently works for is closing down March 13. (Until then we will have skype) Well I guess the only other not so great thing is the fact that I will be driving and hour + to and from work. As I posted previously I am living with VonTrapp, who lives about an hour north of Austin. So far...lets just say...I only see her at night when I get home from work. And thats about to change when she goes back to work--she works in a women's prison from 3am to about 11am or 12pm--and then I won't see her at all. She'll pick up the monsters from daycare about 1pm and by the time I come home from work, she'll be in bed. I will start the hunt for an apartment/duplex/townhouse this weekend. As always, I will keep y'all updated. Speaking of updates...if y'all use twitter, FOLLOW ME. (How's that for self promotion lol?!) But seriously, I'm a twitter addict, so y'all can "experience" my search as it happens.
I'm actually in Louisiana right now for the "custody thing." Crappy situation but at least the monsters and I got to come see big daddy for a couple of days. More on the "custody thing" another day.  While here, I had to go into my old job to sign my resignation papers and turn in my badge. It was kinda sad considering I really liked working for that company. Too bad they were jerks and didn't let me transfer. Oh well. I'm on to bigger and better things. :) As they say everything is bigger in Texas.
As much as I will miss Louisiana, I have to say that the one week I've actually lived in Texas, I absolutely LOVED it. And will continue to love it. Already, even though I haven't had a chance to really do anything but work, I have seen my mood get better and better. I feel happier. I feel more comfortable. I feel at home. Thats all that matters. And I know that once big daddy moves too, it will be all uphill for him too.

P.S. (***arms waving above my head***) Hey to all my new followers from Friday Follow!!! Y'all are great! I type the way I talk so if I'm confusing and seem to go in circles--my bad lol.

1 comment:

  1. Nicole - that's great that Texas is turning out so well (in just the week you have been there). Rock on! - Pippi

    ReplyDelete