Friday, January 24, 2014

Friday Fit Club - Getting Started with Duckie

*Ladies and germs, I present to you, in all her marvelous glory, Duckie! One of our fabulous fit club team co-founders.*

 So last week, my homegirl Nicole wrote a post about the Nike+ Training Club app and the program she was starting.  I had previously downloaded the app in hopes of getting myself into shape but hadn't done anything more than just browse through the workouts.  Yeah, I'm totally the person who will watch fitness videos just to see how much I don't want to do them.

 Anyway, after finally signing up for the "Get Lean" program - beginner's level (obviously) - I got off my ass and started Day 1 of the program.  The "Get Lean" program consists of "high intensity body-weight workouts" and I also added running to my program to push myself more and get the most out of the program.  I obviously had no idea what I was getting myself into.

After not working out for AGES, that 30-minute workout killed.  Jogging, burpees, squat jumps, pushups, kick downs, hip lifts, lateral hops...  And though I didn't actually die, I did puke my brains out twice during the workout.  I guess it didn't help that I was eating while I was putting the program together.  And it probably did more harm than good that I took a few sips of vodka right before since I was planning on just sitting my ass down with a drink and reading all night.  That's just one of the down sides to acting on my spontaneous urges.

The up side is that I finally did it!  My body hates me right now, but I felt more energized this morning and I'm excited to continue this program.  Okay, wait - that's not entirely true.  Since I added running to my program (like a dumbass), Day 2 of my program is to run.  Three.  Frikken.  Miles.  Are they frikken crazy or something?  I swear I thought this shit was the beginner's level!?  I can't even run one mile and they want me to run three?  Ho.  Lee.  Crap!

Since I KNOW I won't last three miles tonight, I'm just going to try my best and run as long as I can.  And since I don't have a treadmill, I'll be running around the neighborhood with a stick just in case any stray dogs want to step up.  And Guam has a LOT of stray dogs - big ones.  

And now that I think of it, a treadmill is a great gift for someone to give me for Valentine's Day.  Right, honey?  Just kidding.  But not really.

 So now that I've finally gotten off my ass (which is now hella sore from all the squats and hip lifts), tell me:  What gets you motivated to work out?  Do you just act on your spontaneous urges and just do it?  Or does it take a little more hyping up and a set schedule to get you moving and keep you going?

Comment below with any motivational tips - it would really help me to overcome this 3-mile hurdle that I have to jump tonight.  And again, Ho.  Lee.  Crap!






*To see Duckie's "before" photo, head on over to her blog...right nizzow...and then take your own before/update photo and link up!*









No comments:

Post a Comment