Monday, March 30, 2009
Friday, March 27, 2009
1. Do you prefer to write with pen or pencil?
I like writing with a fine tip black pen. so much so, that I buy a pack 5 at a time.
2. What was off limits to you growing up that you do all the time now?
Long showers....its my only free time to myself these days....and boy do I take advantage every chance I get. Talking on the phone past 9pm...LOL
3. What is the age difference between you and your spouse?
4 years....and I'M the older one.
4. Did you hurt yourself in anyway this week?
Hell ya...I totally was TOOOOOOOO into texting and was trying to open the door to get into my job yesterday and totally let the heavy ass door close on my little ass body. DAMN! I have this huge bruise down my left arm and on my left knee.
5. Do you like wallpaper enough to hang it in your home?
6. What do you need to do that you've been putting off?
Sending out our first family picture that we took the day after christmas. Whatever....I'll just send one a day until everyone has gotten one...I'm lazy.
7. What did you do this week that you wish you hadn't?
8. Did anything keep you up late this week?
Just big daddy! (LOL) And a semi feverish 11 month old who's getting over an ear infection. And "For the Love of Ray J."
Saturday, March 21, 2009
So...when big daddy and I were planning our vow renewal in October of 2006, my mom and I were desperately trying to find "my wedding colors." She would send me scraps of paper and fabric, but we could never get it just right. And my only response was always, "you know, that orangy-red color of the sun at sunset." We finally got it right and everything was beautiful.
Well on my way home from work last night...at 7:22pm...I saw IT! My wedding color...just as I wanted it in all its glory. I live on the southwest side of my city, so it was like I was literally driving into this "orangy-red" circle. It was amazing! I tried taking pictures from my phone, but since I was in fact driving, the pictures didn't turn out so well. I couldn't get it to show the circle itself. And of course as soon as I got home I called my mom to tell her.
Well on my way in to work this morning...at 7:17 am...I saw it again! Now I already know I'm an emotional and sentimental basket case, but never in my wildest dreams would I have ever thought that a big orangy-red circle in the sky could make the tears start flowing. Big daddy and I had a pretty rough first year of marriage. I already had my 2 boys, and then juju was born like 10 months into our marriage. A lot on our plate at that time. And here we are...completely inseparable. Yes we irritate each other on a constant basis lol, but its fun! Like my mom says, "you act like like you don't know how to breathe when y'all are separated" (well she doesn't say y'all...she says you guys..but tomaTOE/tomaTOW).
So now I'm off to write part 2 of my weekend!
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Friday, March 13, 2009
Thursday, March 12, 2009
2. What is one fantasy that you want to come true more than any other?
3. Someone knocks on your door. Do you look out the window to see who it is before you open it? Do you open it regardless of who it is?
4. Have you ever eaten Play Doh?
5. What was your favorite Saturday morning cartoon as a child and why?
6. Are you a "people watcher"?
7. I have a bowl of fruit. There are apples, oranges & pears. You help yourself to one - which one do you choose?
8. What is your biggest pet peeve in the blogging world?
9. What is one religion that you could just never see yourself joining?
10. What word do you use far too often?
11. How long do you spend in the shower?
12. If you were to write a personal ad about yourself, what would it say?
13. Your favorite flavor of soup is....?
14. You are sitting on a bench in the park and a bug walks in front of your feet.... do you squash him?
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
So if you've read everything I love, you probably noticed how I threw in extra things I love about myself. In similar categories. See I follow directions...sorta...what can I say...I DO LOVE MYSELF. So tell me about YOU now. If any of you repost this, come back here and let me know so I can see how vain, I mean, how much love you have for yourself. LOL
Monday, March 9, 2009
Sunday, March 8, 2009
You know, I'm such a big emotional mess that anytime I get mad, I tear up and more times than most I'll start crying. Ya I boo-hoo all the time. But now that I've been working out more, thats what I do when I get mad...WORK OUT! It's the best release. Seriously.
2. Do you wash your hair everyday?
Haha...as gross as it is, no. Weirdly, if I wash my hair everyday, I seem to 'shed' more. So I'll wash it every other day.
3. How often do you speak to your parents?
Since moving away from Hawaii back in 1998, I'd say at least once every week. Good right?!
4. Your nails - painted or nude?
LMAO....NOT REAL...my nails just aren't strong. So I wear acrylics, pearl tips so I don't have to worry about painting them. My toes on the other hand...I never do anything to them. Once in a blue moon, like seriously once maybe twice a year, do I do white tips on them. Either than that I keep them bear.
5. What pair of shoes do you wear most often?
AWWWWW...These black alligator heels...so sad because just this past thursday, they died. It was a good life. Not a very long one...maybe 6 months. She went everywhere, and seen just about all of Shreveport, Bossier City in her short life. She will be missed. She had a good sole! LOL!
6. If you could do anything you wanted to do this weekend, what would it be?
If I had the chance, I wold have taken big daddy and the kids down to Austin, TX. Shopping and fun! The weather has been great and we coulda did all the 'touristy' things, plus maybe go to the lake. and definitely SHOP, SHOP, SHOP!!!!! A house full of boys, and they ALL like to go shopping! Isn't that the ISH?!!!!
7. What's the best cough medicine you know of?
Big daddy just had the flu, and Mucinex seemed to do some wonders. I'm one of those Dimetapp kids..ewwww..thats the reason I hate everything grape flavored. I'm just glad they have more varieties out there. And of course, nothing beats Nyquil cold and cough.
8. How do you feel about 'springing forward'??
Thursday, March 5, 2009
2. Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes reproducing again. Good idea or don't care? Now I am one of those moms that secretly loves to hear about celebrities...but couch jumper and miss Dawson's Creek?! BORING! Please tell me more about Chris Brown beatin on Rhianna! I know I'm terrible, but juicy gossip is just WAY more entertaining!
3. Do yousmile at strangerswhen you make eye contact? Haha...Ya I do...SOMETIMES. Recently I was told that I've been rolling my eyes at everyone. My bad. I just hate being around stupid people. And lately I've been a stupid people magnet.
4. What percentage of your sarcasm isn't really sarcasm at all? Its hard to say..scarcasm runs through and through in my house. I mean, seriously...a husband, and 4 sons..2 of which are going through "that" phase. Life as I know it, is one big fucking sarcastic mess! Can you tell my day is going oh so lovely?!
5. If you were to be a dog breed, which breed would you be?
6. Go grab the closest book. Open up to page 27. Whats the 4th sentence? "Each winter, Humpback whales migrate about 1,500 miles north to the Indian Ocean." (It came from skinny's math book..word problems)
7. When's the last time someone put one over on you, told you a story that you totally fell for when it wasn't anywhere near true? Everyday...I love tabloids.
8. Ever seen Michael Jackson in person? Ewww, no. I'd be scared for my life considering I look like a little girl...oh wait..girl...nevermind.
9. Do you have a gut? A what? Oh that thing. Ya THAT thing that I kill myself trying to get rid of with countless crunches that just don't seem to work. Ya I got one of those.
10. What is one thing in your kitchen you have too many/too much of? Those chopper things..you know for chopping onions, tomatoes, apples. Ya got like 2 or 3. Why? I have no clue.
11. Ever had a colon cleansing? Um no...heard that its good for you though. Whatever...exit only.